As a Kid
- I was passionnate by photography and “reading” all the amateur books of my father. From film processing, darkroom to lighting.
- I decided to become a photographer when I seen it as one of the options in my carrer book for Cegep. Never taught that could be a career since my dad was just playing with photography.
- Started photography School.
- January 1992, my first published picture.
- Working for 2 local newspapers during my last college year.
- Sold my 2 firsts photoshop montage. One for the largest motocross event at the Olympic Stadium of Montreal, and the other one to Murry Hill, a bus company.
- First billboard – the motocross.
- Started to shoot models for their portfolios.
- Graduaded from photography school Cegep du Vieux Montreal.
- Paris – New York
- Lots of publication in various magazines in Paris like Biba, Jalouse, Depeche Mode etc.
- Met my first wife.
- Started a regular contribution to one of the most prestigious fashion magazine in Montreal: Clin d’Oeil.
- Started to get countless worldwide press about my work on TV and magazines.
- Represented by Jed Root in New York and started to shoot some projects for German Amica, WWD, Time out, etc.
- Left New York – Back to Montreal
- Last trip to Paris.
- Decided to invest time for Family instead of a Career.
- Started shooting digital.
- Birth of my son Gabriel.
2005 – 2008
- My first studio. No partner and 3 employees almost full time.
- Birth of my daughter Justine.
- Master promo in 2006 with over 25K$ invested and 1000 copies sent.
- The desire to give back and the launch of a charity project that raised over 55K$ for various charities in Quebec.
- The dream of owning my studio.
- Came with a contrast reality of the economical crash and a real change in the local fashion industry.
- Business started to moved from Fashion to Corporate… on location.
- Sold the studio.
- Nick Dey “Fine Art Print” is born.
- Met my real life partner Anne Seguin Poirier 🙂
- Exhibition in Hamptons with Arteria Gallery.
- Exhibition at Gallery Got Montreal.
- Bill Board in Old Montreal.
- SYD studios goes online to sell Art Print via SYDshop.